It’s been a while since we haven’t got a newsletter, and that’s because we have been so busy during the last few months.
Let’s just briefly recap what happened since February.
– February and March: we visited Vivian Maier’s Vernissage and the we had fun playing with the Olympus cameras at the Photography Playground Zürich at Photobastei. We learned Motion and blur techniques in street photography, while taking pictures of a young little girl model. We also exercised taking photos out of our comfort zone situations at the 10 Steps monthly photowalk and we visited the Pure Sailing Passion exhibition – Jörg Kaufmann, near Basel
– April some of our members had the unique chance to discover and learn a different approach to Documentary Photography in a workshop organised by PICZ with Stephen Kelly. The club also visited the Swiss Photo Award – Professional Weeks Reportage & Editorial Vernissage. The Fork & Bottle Finissage took place, where we also had studio setups to take artistic, professional portraits of people visiting. Analog and Lomography workshops were held through our Analog lab. April’s monthly photowalk theme was spring and threes. We also experimented with straight from the camera double exposure pictures during a very fruitful workshop.
– May was meant to be a month of photographic excursions, Berlin and Friedrichshafen. We organised a 3d Photography workshop and we also went to Ebenalp for the monthly photowalk, where we found snow and photographed jodlers dressed in traditional Appenzell clothes during a local musical festival.
– June was probably the busiest month, having had our very own first Club members’ exhibition at Photobastei, followed by our probably most popular event so far: Photolaundry. We also had a very educative Light Painting Workshop. Our monthly photowalk was about experimenting pictures of water in motion and practice long exposures in daylight.
So as you can see the club has been very busy, these are just the spring and some summer highlights; we also had club meetings, location reccy-ing and venues to organise for our events, crafting workshops etc.
Therefore is time for … a SUMMER BRAKE, until mid september.
Don’t worry, we will still have some activities planned during this time, just that we will have no monthly meetings and big events.
- July’s Photowalk: 5-lake landscape photography on the Pizol – weather permitting, sign up now.
- Beginners Photography Course – How to master your camera – Part 1 and 2 in august and september
- A Wedding workshop will be announced soon. Save the date: 12th – 13th of November.
- New project in discussions, zuri.net and Picz collaboration in providing pictures for different key public locations in Zurich like „Stadthaus“ or “Ortsmuseum Schwamendingen“ and many more.
Our members are the heart of our club: we believe that the key to learn and improve our photography is by practicing, so if you want to learn or share something new, leave us your feedback. Even if it is something totally new to you as well, come forward and LET’s FIND OUT TOGETHER.
Thank you for making PICZ such a great community!