Join the Photo Laundry 2018
Date(s) - Saturday, 09/06/2018
12:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Add this to your calendar: iCal
Event Organizer Contact:
You need to be logged in to see contact details.
Quartierhaus Krei 5, Zurich
This event is related to
"BRING A PHOTO, TAKE ONE BACK" (UP TO 3 PICTURES)
1. Bring a photo* that you made yourself according to one of the topics below and in any format and size you want.
2. Write your name and a message to the future owner, and hang it up to the line with the pegs.
3. Take a photo you like in exchange**.
4. Attend free educative sessions with established photographers on themes from the exhibition.
* 1 – 3 photos per Topic, which are YOUR OWN WORK
** Photos can be reserved but picked up later in the day.
“On the Photo Laundry wash line, you don’t just exchange photographs. Here, we exchange stories, memories and perspectives giving everybody involved, an insight into another’s world!”
LANDSCAPE / NATURE
MULTIPLE / LONG EXPOSURE
ARCHITECTURE / CITY SCAPE
On the 9th of June, we will be holding our fourth edition of the Photo Laundry.
Our aim is to further inspire local photographers by firstly; providing a great platform for photographers to exhibit their photographs and secondly by providing encouraging sessions on different perspectives to topical photography or new photography techniques.
The interactive photo exhibition is where the exchange of photographic perspectives happens. Photographers can hang up photographs for other people to come and take. No matter what your age or level of experience is, we ask you to bring at up to three printed or developed pictures per topic to hang on the laundry line. We also encourage you to write a personal message or a greeting to the future owner of a photo. You can be surprised to see then where you photo finds its new home.
This event is unique. Photographers can not only exhibit their work but also physically share it with others: photographers of all kinds are welcome to show their work in the improvised gallery made of washing lines, and allowed to take home a photo that they like in return. It is a great way to spread the word about yourself and your work in the community.
Hanging pictures on a line is reminiscent of the way photos used to be done in the pre-digital era when photographers had to manually develop and dry their pictures.
The exhibition will feature photographs taken on analog and digital cameras.
The original idea of such an exhibition was born in St Petersburg, Russia, in 2010. Since then, similar events have been organised in over 100 cities all over the world with over 45,000 participants.
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced photographer, most important is that your pictures reflect your love to the art of photography! This is a non-commercial event and the entry to the exhibition is free.
Terms and conditions
1. You have to be the author of the pictures.
2. Any format / size is allowed.
3. No entry fee.
4. No pre-selection.
5. No nudes. The organizer reserves the right to reject photos they will judge as inappropriate or in excessive quantities. (Up to 3 prints allowed).
6. In case of rain we will protect your photos with clear files (for the prints up to 21×29 cm).
7. Anyone can join, with any level of photographic experience.
8. While you won’t be able to pick up the your favorite shots during the day, you can reserve and collect them after 6pm.
9. You can pick your own photos at the end of the day if no one else did.