THE THEME: Life under Confinement
we are living
The period we are currently living will make history and will be thought to future generations
- Each competitor will post a maximum of 5 pictures that will form a consistent serie
- The jury evaluation will be based on the whole series and not on a single shot
- Free for Piczmembers
- 5CHF for non-member – Payment Link
- 1 series of 5 pictures / per participant
30th of June, 2020 at 23.59 (Zurich time)[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
The contest is organized by Photo International Club Zurich, Limmattalstrasse 184, 8049 Zürich - SWITZERLAND.
- The competition is opened for online submissions only. Online registration page is available on picz.ch.
- Submissions will be accepted from the 1st day of the quarter (January, April, July or October) at 00:01am (Zurich time) or as soon as the topic is communicated on the Picz website. It will end on the last day of the quarter at 23:59 p.m. (Zurich time). No Submission made after the deadline will be accepted.
- Participants must be individuals aged eighteen (18) years or over at the time of the Submission(s).
- Jury members can not take part to the contest for the period they are acting as jury.
- Exceptionally in Q2 2020, you are entitled to submit five (5) photos per quarter. You must provide a title to the series of picture you submit.
- Submitted Photo must be in JPEG format, with the high quality and resolution, the minimum of the longest edge should be no less than 1024 pixel and the quality to be suitable for publication. File size must not be higher than 5Mb.
- All submitted Photo(s) must not contain any watermaks including any tag(s), signature(s), initial(s), frame, border(s), logo(s).
- Picz reserve the rights to request the original Photo(s) (RAW) or the Photo(s) without any editing, and request proof of ownership of the shots.
- Basic technical editing of the Photo(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the Photo(s).
- Photo(s) that portrays or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive contents, including pornography, violence and/or any other contents not in accordance of the Swiss laws will be disqualified.
- Two prices will be delivered per quarter
- Picz Jury Prize: PICZ appointed judging panel will assess and determine the winning Serie(s) of the Picz Jury Prize
- Picz Public Prize: public voting will be opened for 15 days starting from the closing of the submission period. They are limited to 1 vote / per Picz website account / quarter. The serie that will gather the most votes will receive the Picz Public Prize
- The winners will be officially announced at the following Picz Monthly Meeting and the result communicated on the picz.ch website and will have 1 month to collect their prize.
- PICZ’s judging panel has the right, at its absolute discretion, to turn down or reject any Submission(s) without having to give any notice or explanation to the relevant Participant.
- The decision of PICZ's judging panel is final and binding on all Participants in respect to all matters relating to the Competition.
- Prize will be announced through Picz website directly on quarterly competition page and during the first following quarter Picz monthly meeting.
- The prizes are non-transferable and no cash alternative is available.
- If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable, the PICZ, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the original prize (or that part of the prize) with an alternative prize to the equal monetary value and/or specification.
The PICZ jury will be composed of three experienced photographers. For the 2nd quarter the jury will be composed of
- Antoine Agoudjian - http://www.agoudjian.com
- Claudia Willmitzer - https://www.claudiawillmitzer.com
- Madame Oreille - https://www.madame-oreille.com
They will evaluate the submissions based on 4 mains criteria:
- Respect of the theme
- Technical quality of the picture
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- Submitted Photo(s) must be a single work of original material created and/or taken by you, must not contain any materials owned or controlled by a third party for which you have not obtained a license, permission or approval to use, must not infringe the copyright, trademark, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
- You must be able to provide at your own cost and if requested to do so by PICZ, with any or all of the following:
- A signed written license from the copyright owner of any sculpture, artwork, or other copyrighted material that appears in your submitted Photo(s).
- A signed written license from the owner of any private property included in your submitted Photo(s) authorising PICZ to reproduce, distribute, display of the relevant entry(s).
- A signed written consent, release and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person(s) or its legal guardian if under the legal age, appearing in your submitted Photo(s), clearly authorizing you to use their picture. Please click here to download the draft of the Model Release Form.
- Failure to provide such releases upon request may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- You grant Picz, a 24 months, royalty free, right to use, publish, reproduce, display, distribute, print, promote your submitted Photo(s), in whole or in part, in any form and in all media forms now or hereafter known, related to the Competition.
RIGHT TO CANCEL OR SUSPEND CONTEST
- The organiser has the right for any reason he deemed necessary to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Contest.
- In case of a cancelation or early termination, PICZ will not retain any rights in the submitted photographs, and will return the fees to all paid participants.
- Entrants understand and agree that personal data, including but not limited to name, adresses, email may be processed, shared, and otherwise used for the purposes and within the context of the Contest.
- These data may also be used by PICZ in order to verify the participant's identity and addresses, as well as to send some communication linked to PICZ activity.
- Participants have the right to access, review, rectify, or request deletion of any personal data held by PICZ. Written request can be sent to Photo International Club Zurich, Nelkenstrasse 15, 8006 Zurich - Switzerland.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- All entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless PICZ and its partners, affiliates, and representatives from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of their participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activities and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder.
- PICZ assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to Contest entries or entry forms; or alteration of entries or entry forms.
NOTICE TO INDIVIDUALS: REMOVAL FROM MAILING LIST:
You may elect to exclude your name and address from all lists used by PICZ. To do so, please submit a removal request in writing to: Photo International Club Zurich, Limmattalstrasse 184, 8049 Zürich - SWITZERLAND or by email: email@example.com