The confinement is over and we are all slowly restarting a normal life. Added that the summer is now here, let’s make the best of those opportunities to shoot again!
Lately we have been inspired with some amazing shots shared by our members on social medias. It motivated us this quarter to challenge your creativity and skills around one technic: The Long Exposure.
We won’t be any more specific on what a one exposure is and expect that this will be obvious on the shots you will be sharing with us.
Long exposures can be waterfalls, cloudy sky, city lights, but also action sports, dancers or even storm lightning… The limit is your imagination so we count on you to surprise us.
Long exposure workshops will be organized soon to help developing your skills and inspirations. The workshops will be announced on the picz.ch website and on Meetup so stay tuned!
EXTRA MATERIAL AND INSPIRATION
- Contest Opening: 8th of July 2020
- Contest Closing: 3th of September 2020
- Public Vote Opening: 1st of October 2020
- Public Vote Closing: 15th of October 2020
- Jury decision: by end of October 2020
CONTEST PRINCIPLES & NEWS
- One competition per quarter
- Open to all photographers based in Switzerland
- Free for PICZ members
- 5CHF for non-member
- 3 pictures / per participants
- 3 professional photographers
- 1 x jury prize
- Jury composition -> check below
- 1 x public prize
- Electronic votes opens from 1/1 until 15/1
- 2 prizes every quarter
MEET THE JURY
- French photo journalist based in Paris
- Started his career as assistant for Robert Doisneau then as official photographer of “Les Restos du Coeur”
- Published several books on the exile including”Le feu sous la glace” (Edition Parenthèses), “Rêves Fragiles” (Actes Sud),
« Istanbul peut-être” (Edition parenthese), “Les yeux brûlants” (edition Photopoche), « Le Cri du Silence » (Flammarion edition),
- Collaboration with news papers including La Tribune de Genève, The Guardian, Le Monde, Le Figaro Magazine, L’Obs…
- Awarded with the Bayeux Prize in 2017 (article in french)